Saturday 15 March 2008

Not meant to cry

I reckon we've all got a bit teary eyed over a film at one point or another in our lives. But have you ever been caught off guard by a film?

I'm not talking about a zombie jumping out at you like in Shaun Of The Dead. No. I'm talking about when either the lump in the throat or welling up occurs while watching a film that you would in no way expect to get teary eyed over.

A mate confessed to me a while ago that he wept like a baby during Cool Runnings with Jon Candy. If I hadnt done the same myself a while ago, I'd have laughed my arse off.

So what is this phenomenon? I have a feeling (in my case) it was because I was watching the film directly after a large night out with friends. There may have been some hidden emotions that just needed the slightest excuse to come to the surface.


What was the film that had tears running down my face? Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory (Gene Wilder version). Where Wonka gives the factory to charlie and says his family can move in....

The shame of it.

No comments: